Hi! I’m Liz.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had the travel bug. As a child, my parents introduced me to as many places, cultures and flavors as possible. Now that I’m a so-called ‘adult,’ I still can’t get enough!
After graduating from university, I took off to explore the world on my own, living in places like Eastern Turkey, Brooklyn, London, and most recently, Northern Virginia, where I’m now living and working as a writer.
When I’m not exploring wondrous destinations, I’m either dreaming up my next travel itinerary or developing original recipes and testing out new flavors in my kitchen. I love incorporating the tastes of some of my favorite destinations around the globe into my recipes.
Let me say that I’m no chef. But, I do love food. I love cooking, eating, photographing and playing with (styling) my food. It’s habit forming.
Here are a few more tidbits about my life and my loves:
- I’m a fountain of knowledge when it comes to music trivia. Try me.
- I cook with booze. Often.
- I adore autumn.
- I’m a cat lady.
- I want to retire to the Azores, the Faroe Islands or Chile.
- I love rain.
- I love snow more.
- I want to be a farmer.
- I want to be a potter.
- The best book ever written is The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
- Popsicles ARE a food group.
- I scuba dive.
- I surf.
- I sail.
- I like water.
- I want to live on the coast.
- In a boat.
- I should invest in a bitchin’ kite.
- And a road bike.
- I’m southern. Only now that I’m getting older do I appreciate it.
- Hocus Pocus is the best movie ever made.
- I love single malt – Tallisker is my jam.
Now let the food and travel fun begin! Thanks for stopping by!
Want more? Check out my work, featured on some pretty happenin’ online spots:
4/25/2015 – Banoffee Pie with Peanut Butter Crust
Contributer- Recipe and Photosharing
Want to work together?
I am always interested in providing food and travel-focused editorial content for web and print publications.
If you’d like to discuss freelance writing opportunities, collaborations, reviews or sponsorship, please send me an email.